Friday, May 7, 2010

Crochet away!

Here is two of the blankets that I have crocheted lately. I crocheted like crazy for a couple of weeks straight trying to get these and others all done.

This first one was for my friend's baby shower. I loved how it turned out.


I wasn't too sure about the yellow ribbon but with Megan's help after texting her a picture, decided it was a go. I knew it was good when Kyle got home and the first thing Kyle said was, "Oh, I like the yellow ribbon on it." Thanks for the opinion Megan!


The next one is for another friend for the blessing day. There were also matching booties with a pink flower on them. I forgot to take a picture of them. OOPS!


More crochet to come! I have been having a lot of fun with crocheted flowers...

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love them. I'm glad you liked how it looked with the yellow! And I love the flowers on the white blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blankets! I am actually a friend of Megans that is how I found this blog. Do you mind sharing your pattern you used for the blessing blanket. I love it! I have a sister in law having a baby soon and would love to make her one. THanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna,

    I got this book years ago but I found it on the leisure arts website for only $3.50. The direct link is: http://www.leisurearts.com/items/75027/Baby-Layettes-and-Afghans/c/Babies/s/newest/default.aspx

    The flowers weren't on the pattern so I used a simple flower pattern (one I found online) and sewed them in the corners.

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute blog!! You should start crocheting head wraps and flowers... if you haven't already!! We went to the beehive boutique this weekend and that and felt flowers seem to be very "in" right now!!

    ReplyDelete