Monday, November 15, 2010

I have lots of stuff that I am posting today. The first thing is this t-shirt I made for Lexi for Christmas. I bought a plain t-shirt at Hobby Lobby. It was $2.99 and I used a 40% off coupon, so it was very inexpensive. I also bought Crayola Fabric Markers. The regular price was $4.99 but I used a 40% off coupon on that as well (I went to the store 2 different times so I could use 2 coupons). I made a design in photoshop using some free brushes I had downloaded (and I drew some of it myself) and printed it in black and white. I put the paper inside the shirt so I could see the picture through the front of the shirt and then I traced it with the markers. When I was done tracing it onto the fabric I had to iron it for 4 minutes to set it in, and that was it. It was very easy and I am so excited about how it turned out! I am making one for Brecken with a pirate ship on it, so I will post that when I finish it!


The next thing is a fall table runner. I just cut a bunch of stips of fabric, making them each different widths, sewed on ric-rac in a few spots, quilted it, and them mom bound it :) I made one for mom as well, but was taking forever to get around to the binding, so she helped me out with that so we could put them up before fall is over.


Up next is the quilt I made for Lexi for her birthday. I used a pattern for the background (I don't remember which it was, but if anyone wants to know I will go find it and let you know) and then I drew a branch and cherry blossoms on some paper that doctors use on the exam tables (mom bought it at a medical supply store). I pinned the drawing to the fabric and cut it out, then used a glue stick and glued the branch and flowers to the quilt to hold it in place. Then I sewed it on. After that I did the quilting and binding. The fabric on the back of the quilt is little Asian girls and bright colored flowers. Lexi loves it and it looks really cute on her bed.


The last thing is this necklace I made for my sister-in-law for her birthday. I think it turned out nicely :)

Hopefully I'll have more things to post soon since I have a long list of things to make before Christmas!!



-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment