Friday, September 2, 2011

Recent projects

Recently (late July/early August) I finished a few projects that I wanted to get done. The first is a decoration for my kitchen. The top metal stars were clearance at JoAnn. The back star was light blue. I painted it, specked both with red, blue and cream, then added the berries. The bottom plaques Meg picked up for me at Honk's on an 88c day. Mark drilled holes so I could fasten them together with wire. Not bad for just a bit of time and probably less than $8.

I know this is blurry, but I am too lazy to take another picture. Mark cut the wood last year when AMy was here, and I like how hers turned out, so I finally finished them. Just spray painted (Andrea and Meg painted them for me-thanks!). The little lanterns are from IKEA- just a few dollars for those. Another inexpensive project.



Amy and I decided to do these back in June, and I just finished mine. Of course, it is going in my kitchen for year 'round decor. Just 2x4's, some ribbon and paint, and a scrapbook paper star.








This is the quilt I made for Trevin for his 1st birthday. I loved the dino fabric, nice and bright, and I found coordinating fabric from Connecting Threads. I hope he likes it. I have it to him, and he seemed to like it.










No comments:

Post a Comment