Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trevin's Quilt

I finished Trevin's quilt a week or so ago but haven't gotten around to posting it until now!

I wanted something different for his quilt so I decided to do raw edge applique instead of normal pieced squares. I wanted to leave spaces between the squares so that I could tie in the dinosaur theme. This is what I (with the help of mom of course!) came up with:



Here is a close up of the stitching. I was going to applique the stars and dinos but didn't want to take all that time cutting things out. I thought it would be fun to just stitch the shapes on.



I was proud of this quilt because I had seen something similar and really wanted to do the raw edge concept but the one I had seen would have been a big pain to do. I (once again with mom's help) came up with this idea so it wasn't so intense for a beginner like me. I hadn't ever designed a quilt really before so I am more proud of this quilt than the others I have done!

1 comment: